There are rules for this award, too, listed here:
When you win:
1. Post the picture above to your blog.
2. List at least three writers who you feel live up to the “write hard” spirit. Think: writers who work at their craft, writers who never give up despite the odds, writers who constantly turn out quality work. Writers you admire. Optional: explain why you think they are awesome.
3. Include these rules or a link to them.
4. Notify said writers of their victory. Ask them to pass on the torch.
5. Continue being awesome.
It’s pretty simple really 🙂 It seems like a few of the writers I follow have already been hit, so I’m hoping to get some fresh folks, though if I do double up, forgive me 😉
1) Merrilee Faber. This woman is my writing rock. Not only does she keep me strong and focused, but she is so very talented (even though she’d probably deny it – gotta love humble writer’s don’t you?). She has a job, a young son, is making some huge changes to her life this year but is still working on her writing. I admire her oodles, and my writing life would be pretty barren without her.
2) Karen. This woman is also a gem. I’ve known her for a few years now. We met over at Kiwi Writers and since then she’s become one of the staff and an invaluable member of the team. Her pure passion for writing, and for encouraging others to follow their dreams is just amazing. Not to mention that she is ALWAYS writing. Last I heard, her plans for this year involved writing 3 new novels, and editing another.
3. Anna Caro. I also met Anna at KW, and she too is part of the team there, as well as being a founding member and on the committee over at SpecFicNZ. Anna is a wonderful story teller, and also an incredibly lovely person. I had the pleasure of hanging out with her in January and it was super cool to meet face to face. This year she is working, studying and writing hard.
I’m going to leave it at those three, though there are many other writers I admire, and who I know work hard at their writing. I love my writing friends – you make this whole thing so much more fun!