So, my dear friend Meryl proposed that we do a month long blogging challenge, and seeing as I’ve been struggling a bit with blogging here, I agreed. As Barney Stinson would say ‘Challenge accepted!’ Over the course of the month there will be a post a day, covering a span of topics (she kindly put together some prompts, yay!).
I’m going to start with something simple that sounds easy but never is. Never. I don’t know why I struggle so much with these, but hey, challenge is worthy right?
10 Random Facts About Me:
1) Currently, my favourite wine is the Crimson Cabernet from Banrock Station. I love it for several reasons. Firstly, I can usually find it on special for about $8/$9 a bottle, which rocks. Secondly, it’s like a red, but one you chill and I really like to drink my wine cold – this is a very happy compromise. Thirdly, and of course, probably the most important – I like the way it tastes. I’m totally open to exploring other reddish wines you drink cold (but I’m not really a fan of the rosés), so if you have a suggestion for a reasonably priced one, do let me know.
2) I fear that I will never pay off my sleep debt. I’m sure this sounds dramatic, but I can count the full nights of sleep I have had in the last 6 years on one hand. One. Hand. I think after the kids are all finally sleeping through the night I will still wake because my body/brain thinks its the norm now.
3) I am so sick of talking about the issues in my life, but I can’t seem to stop myself. There was once a time when I could keep everything locked in, and then I went to counselling, and now it’s much harder to keep it shut down. The lock on my internal safe was busted and I can’t seem to find a new one that fits. Of course, mentally I am much healthier than I was then, but some days I would trade that to just be able to shut up about what stresses me. (big ups to all those wonderful but unfortunate souls who I’ve blurted my woes too! lol wouldn’t be here without you).
4) This is my last planned year of study. I say planned because I am going to try and actively avoid enrolling in any more study for the next 5 years or so, at least, study that costs. I can’t swear I won’t sign up for free stuff… I’m hanging out for Oct 10th when my last assignment of my Post Grad Dip will be handed in, and I’m looking forward to actually attending my graduation. I’m really proud of my academic work and for the first time in my life, I actually want to celebrate that.
5) I won’t get to write an awful lot this year because my study load is so big. This depresses me in a multitude of ways and I know I am going to have to find small tasks I can tick off to keep getting my word fix. That said, I am super excited about having a lot more time for writing once my assignments are all out of the way! Once again, roll on Oct 10th!
6) Facebook makes me uncomfortable. I am a very open person, but I guess most of the time I’m not exactly ‘public’. I’d rather experience it, live it, be there in the moment, than be distanced from the moment by a camera and the desperate urge to upload my life. I post things sometimes because I feel I should, and because I feel like others might judge me for letting an anniversary or birthday slip by without mention. (Oh, is there something going on in the marriage? Why didn’t she blog about their anniversary? etc etc etc…). I’m actually way too busy having a nice time 🙂
7) I’ve been very happily married for six years now! lol seeing as we’re talking about anniversaries. I think we definitely fall into the old married couple category in a lot of ways and I’m totally happy about that.
8) It’s a lot harder to do this than I thought it would be – and I knew it would be hard. I think over the years I’ve listed a bunch of things about me, and coming up with some different stuff is challenging. This has literally taken me all day.
9) I could probably eat pizza for dinner (lunch, or breakfast) every day of the week, but I restrict myself to 1-2 times a fortnight. We home make it, so it’s pretty healthy, but still… Mmmm pizza.
10) Despite claiming at other times that I don’t have time for an MMORPG, I’ve realized that I really WANT one, and finding a game that my husband and I can play together is going to become a priority. I’m playing a new game in closed beta and it kicks ass, but will have a sub when it comes out. The cost of two subs per month would be totally worth it to me if it was something we could do together though – I just have to find something he can fall in love with too. It’s nice to clarify that because I was lying to myself in a way by passing it off as lack of time (we watch TV every night, we could totally be playing a game) that meant I wasn’t playing. I’m a gamer, that’s not going to change. The hunt is on.
Right, and that’s me! First post, done! Certainly flexed a few muscles.