Back in the swing, that is. I finally finished the second scene of the novella today, and then realized that the third scene, which I thought was already written, is actually not. So…
Yeah. A little more fresh work to do before I can fall back on picking the useful bits and pieces out of the last draft. I’m feeling like I am almost back in the groove though. Finding my feet with it all again, and moving towards making good progress in the near future. I know once I push through that first ‘doorway’ there will be no stopping me (or the story). I really do adore Christy. She is good value. I think you’ll all enjoy her too.
In other news, I got given the ‘Versatile Blogger’ award today, by the lovely T.G. Ayer.
The rules state that you must list 7 things about yourself that aren’t common knowledge. I remember doing this awhile back, so I will have to start thinking of a new list. (I started writing things, and am sure I have written them before, but oh well – I searched the blog, and couldn’t find them!)
And now I am wondering whether I should post this, because jeepers, maybe I really am odd? lol
1. I dislike wearing shoes. I am probably bare foot for 90% of the year. I am more likely to be seen wearing shoes in summer than in winter, because I don’t mind the cold, but hate getting my feet burnt on hot pavement – that said, it doesn’t usually get THAT hot over here.
2. I do however like to wear socks. But I only wear knee high ones. If you’re going to wear socks, you should make sure they keep as much warm as possible.
3. I have always had aspirations of being a ‘half naked dead girl’ in a movie. I think I’m probably getting too old for that particular role now, but at one point I even went so far as to start writing my own script and gathering people with the right skills so that I could fulfill this dream.
4. I only eat dessert with long handled tea spoons. In fact the only thing that requires a spoon that I prefer not to use a long handled teaspoon for is soup.
5. I used to hate the taste of coffee, but love the smell of it. My high school friends would sometimes make me a cup to sniff while they drank theirs. It was only about 4 years ago that I actually started drinking the stuff – now I love it.
6. I am actually genuinely thrilled to be the mother of three girls. Yes, I’m aware that it might be a bit chaotic when they hit their teens but it’s nothing I can’t handle. My life is totally complete. (with them and my husband, and cats, my wonderful family and amazing friends – gosh. Confession time: I’m actually really happy. That’s not good for writing is it? lol).
7. I miss living in the countryside. I miss the power outages. The storms. The wild spaces I could wander freely. I miss hunting all over our section for eggs. I even miss my crazy paranoia about aliens, kidnappers and faeries calling me away. There is something so delicious about being paranoid.
And now you know far too much about me Don’t hold any of it against me!
Off to play some Rift.