I didn’t get much time to work on things yesterday, again, the sleep thing, arg, these teeth should be through soon and we should be back in business. Still, I was reading through the synopsis first draft and thinking about how I could make improvements – it needs tightening, and to sound more interesting. I was also chatting to Chibi, and she asked me to send it through, so I did… and then she started rewriting it for me.
She has read the novel and now the synopsis, so she took my words and put a different spin on them. It was really interesting to see someone else tackle the task and gave me some insight into what another person thinks are the important bits of my novel.
I’m going to have fun reworking it, and her initial paragraphs actually helped me to see how I could write a good hook. I’m looking forward to having the time and space to get stuck into that – hopefully this weekend.
On other fronts, I finally got the paint yesterday, YAY! I can’t wait to get it up on the walls today (all going well anyway). Will give the room a more finished look and means its one more thing I can tick off the (rather long) list.